Fresh Chiles: Jalapenos
FINDING: Most groceries, though Mexican groceries frequently have the greatest variety.
CHOOSING: Unblemished chiles that are not shriveled are the highest-quality ones.
STORING: In the refrigerator, loosely wrapped for 2 weeks or more.
- “Lazy” Salsa
- Carmen Ramirez’s Cebiche Verde de Sierra
- Crispy Chicken Thighs with “Creamy” Jalapeño Salsa
- Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Grill-Roasted Rainbow Trout with Cilantro-Horseradish Aioli and Zucchini Mash
- Grilled Garlic and Orange Guacamole
- Late Summer Salsa Mexicana
- Pineapple-Kalamata Salsa for Grilled Fish