Dried Chiles: Pasillas
FINDING: Most Mexican groceries, some well-stocked general groceries and via the internet.
CHOOSING: Unbroken, unblemished, pliable chiles with vibrant color typically have much better flavor than mangled-looking, pale or unevenly colored ones.
STORING: In a dark, cool, dry place, preferably in a sealed container, for up to 6 months; for longer storage, freeze in a sealed container for up to a year.
- Classic Red Mole
- Classic Red Mole with Turkey
- Dark Chile Shrimp Soup with Epazote
- Fish Soup with Chayote and Hoja Santa
- Grilled Asparagus with Creamy Pasilla Chile
- Grilled Rack of Lamb with Honey Pasilla Glaze
- Mexican Chocolate Chile Ice Cream
- Mushroom Soup with Roasted Tomatillos and Cactus
- Oaxacan Pasilla Salsa
- Roasted Leg of Lamb in Pasilla-Black Olive Sauce
- Rustic Lamb Chili with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Sopa Azteca
- Susana’s Black Mole
- Tangy Pasilla Shrimp
- Tropical Beach Ceviche