- 1small red onion, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1large (about 12 ounces) (preferably the variety called Honey Manila or Champagne), peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1large avocado, flesh scooped from the skin and roughly chopped
- 1 to 2fresh red Fresno or red jalapeño chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- A tablespoon or two chopped fresh herbs (I really love the combination of mint and cilantro here)
In a medium bowl, combine the red onion and lime juice. Let stand for a few minutes while you gather and prepare the other ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, stir to combine, then taste and season with salt, about ½ teaspoon. The salsa’s ready.
LOVE RICK’S RECIPES, TV SHOWS & HIS BOOKS!