USES: As a substitute for fresh ground corn masa in making tortillas, tamales and the base of other snacks.
FINDING: Most Mexican groceries, many general groceries and via the internet.
CHOOSING: Most agree that Maseca is the brand that has the best taste and texture. Maseca also make a coarser masa harina for tamales.
STORING: A cool, dry place, preferably in a sealed container, for 3 months; in the freezer for up to a year.
- Chicken in Oaxacan Yellow Mole with Green Beans and Chayote (or Potatoes)
- Brothy Oaxacan Yellow Mole
- Rustic Lamb Chili with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Huaraches (Oval Corn Masa Cakes) with Chorizo and Salsa
- Lanie’s – World’s Greatest Chili
- Frontera’s Award Winning Chili with Negra Modelo
- Corn Tortillas