If you’ve been to lunch at Frontera lately you’ve probably seen a number of four- and six-tops, groups of people (probably co-workers) drinking margaritas like they’re going out of style (note: they’re not) and in general having a really, really good time—so good that you might wonder how productive they’ll be at work the rest of the day.
Lunches like that are awesome. But let’s be real—we can’t spend two hours drinking tequila and eating carne asada every day. That’s why today we’re launching a new, no-fuss lunch option at the Frontera bar. We’re calling it Frontera-on-the-Fly.
Frontera-on-the-Fly is the kind of lunch you can eat every day. It’s a smaller menu of some of our quicker items: guacamole, ceviche, tacos al carbón. You eat your salad, you eat your tostada, and before you know it you’re back at work.
See the new menu below. Or better yet—ask one of our bartenders.
Available Tuesday–Friday at the bar.
Michoacan avocados, cilantro, lime, green chile, tomato. Just-made tortilla chips. 9.50
Hawaiian albacore, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, green chile. Crispy tostaditas. 14
LITTLE GEM LETTUCE SALAD
Pumpkinseed-lime dressing, quick-pickled tomatillos, grilled knob onions. 8
FRESH CORN TAMALES
Banana leaf-steamed sweet corn tamales, homemade crema & fresh cheese, poblano chile. 7.50
CLASSIC QUESO FUNDIDO
Samuel’s artisanal jack cheese, garlicky roasted peppers, homemade chorizo. 8
TACOS al CARBÓN / Wood-grilled meat, poultry, fish or mushrooms, roasted poblano rajas, charro beans, guacamole, two salsas. 15
- Naturally raised skirt steak marinated with garlic & spices
- Gunthorp pork, árbol marinade, charcoaled pineapple, bacon & grilled onion (no rajas)
- Organic Gunthorp chicken breast marinated with fruit, vinegar, spices & garlic.
- Portobello mushroom marinated with achiote.
- Gunthorp duck breast marinated with red-chile.
- Farm-raised catfish in achiote-garlic marinade.
Flour tortillas folded over Wisconsin jack cheese & one of the following fillings. Black beans & young greens. 14
- Duck carnitas with grilled red onion.
- Charcoaled chicken with guacamole
- Tender Mushrooms (Mexican woodland type) with roasted poblano peppers
- Grilled shrimp with smoky, spicy chipotle peppers
- Grilled skirt steak with salsa huevona (hand-crushed, grill-roasted tomatoes, jalapeños)
Crisp tortillas topped with black beans, sour cream, avocado, tomato & fresh cheese; Little Gem lettuce salad. 10 With chicken. 13
ENCHILADAS A LA PLAZA
Red-chile seared enchiladas, tangy Napa cabbage, sweet & tangy hedgehog mushrooms, red chile vegetables, homemade smoked fresh cheese. 15
MOLE POBLANO ENCHILADAS
Just-made tortillas, Gunthorp free-range chicken, mole poblano (dried chiles, nuts, raisins), grill-roasted red onions. Black beans. 15
A duo of caramel custards: traditional Mexican vanilla bean flan, plus roasted banana-cream cheese flan with caramelized peanuts & chocolate sauce. 8.25
FRONTERA’S CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE
Kahlúa whipped cream. 8.50