Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico's great coastal cities. Here are a couple of Rick's recommendation for great spots to eat that the locals favor.
- Above the Mercado Municipal (also known as the craft market) you will find tons of great fondas where you can grab a quick bite.
- For a late night taco craving you must head to the street stall El Carboncito. Located in the north end of downtown on Hunduras street (view map), this stall stays open late. The tacos al pastor are a must.
- Head to the sleepy suburb of El Pitallal and check out Big Burro for its famous Shrimp Burgers.
- Also in El Pitallal is Tino's, one of the area's best seafood restaurants famous for their Pescado Zarandeado. Located at 333. Av. Revolucion in El Pitallal (view map). Another location in Punta Mita.
- To try some excellent modern Mexican food with deep Mexican roots, head to El Arrayan. Located at Allende 344, Col El Cerro (view map)
- In the Marina area, there are several good, basic restaurants that a lot of locals really like for fish tacos and seafood specialties.