This salsa can be made with toasted pumpkinseeds.From Season 8, Mexico—One Plate at a Time
- 2tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 2serrano chiles, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1/3cup roughly chopped, loosely packed cilantro
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1ripeavocado, pit removed, flesh scooped from the skin and roughly chopped
In a blender jar combine the peanuts, chile, cilantro, lime juice and 1/2 cup water. Blend until completely smooth . Add the avocado and pulse until thoroughly blended. Taste and season with salt, usually about 1/2 teaspoon, and thin with additional water if you think necessary.