Fresh Chiles: Habaneros
FINDING: Most groceries, though Mexican groceries frequently have the greatest variety.
CHOOSING: Unblemished chiles that are not shriveled are the highest-quality ones.
STORING: In the refrigerator, loosely wrapped for 2 weeks or more.
- Scrambled Egg Tacos with Tomato-Habanero Salsa
- Grilled Black Pepper Catfish Tacos with Habanero Mayo
- Topolobampo’s Chilaquiles
- Shrimp Ceviche Verde
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Garlicky Habanero Macadamia Nuts
- Achiote Seared Shrimp with Quick Habanero Pickled Onions
- Essential Simmered Tomato-Habanero Sauce
- Chocolate Habanero Sauce
- Cilantro Salmon with Smoky Tomato-Habanero Lasagna
- Short Ribs Kabik
- Habanero Hot Sauce
- Cochinita Pibil
- Yucatecan Black Bean Dinner
- Tropical Mango Ceviche